The Women’s Quarter Finals was the major thing which took the spotlight at Wimbledon on Tuesday. In it, Serena Williams was the most notable to move into Semis after winning against Camila Giorgi. She lost her first set to Camila but eventually came back to win 3-6 6-3 6-4.
This will be Williams’ 11th Semi-Final and the race towards her 8th Championship. She will meet Julia Goerges in the Semi-final. On the other side of the bracket, No. 11 Angelique Kerber and No. 12 Jelena Ostapenko are all set for a semifinal matchup after straight-set victories on Tuesday.
(5) Juan Martin Del Potro def. Gilles Simon 7-6 (1), 7-6 (5), 5-7, 7-6 (5)
(25) Serena Williams def. Camila Giorgi 3-6, 6-3, 6-4
(13) Julia Goerges def. (20) Kiki Bertens 3-6, 7-5, 6-1
(12) Jelena Ostapenko def. Dominika Cibulkova 7-5, 6-4
(11) Angelique Kerber def. (14) Daria Kasatkina 6-3, 7-5
Wimbledon 2018: Day 7 results: Federer, Serena and Nadal- all star on Manic Monday
Wimbledon 2018: Day 5: Federer, Serena move forward as Venus Williams is eliminated.