Juventus talisman Cristiano Ronaldo’s ongoing trial on his scandalous accusation of rape has taken a new mangle, as the player recently lost a bid to drop or completely seal the case.
Ronaldo’s appeal of not releasing court records of the rape case, which may harm the superstar’s reputation and public image was dismissed this Wednesday by U.S. District Judge Jennifer Dorsey.
Kathryn Mayorga, the woman who filed the lawsuit against the 34 year old forward, accused Ronaldo of raping her back in 2009 at a resort in Las Vegas.
Dorsey penned down a statement on the matter, that said:
“The cat is already out of the bag about Mayorga’s allegations. I’m not satisfied that Ronaldo’s interest in holding Mayorga to her agreement is enough to justify sealing the entire record in this case.”
“The documents themselves and direct quotes from any of them will remain sealed” she added.
Kathryn’s attorney, Larissa Drohobyczer revealed yesterday that her client was pleased on Dorsey’s authority in Vegas.
Peter Christiansen, representing Ronaldo, earlier defended the player stating that his client’s intercourse with the accuser was consensual. However, the attorney has decided to stay silent on the matter this time around.
Steve Wolfson, the District Attorney of Clark County however stated in June that Ronaldo will be immune from any criminal charges for the case.
Ronaldo’s mother, Dolores Aveiro defended her son previously, has yet to say a word on this matter.
“I have confidence in my son with regard to what happened,” she said back in February.
“She didn’t go there to play cards, but to do something.”
Drohobyczer has reportedly demanded a $200,000 legal injury for the case. However, speculations are going around for a year that a penalty of $375,000 was already paid to Kathryn by Ronaldo or his colleagues to settle for a dismissal.
Below is the clip recorded at a Vegas nightclub- where the accuser and accused were seen dancing intimately, just hours prior to the alleged sexual assault.