Gaming has always been an intriguing issue to discuss in India due to its governmental and religious nature. But in recent years, progressive society began perceiving it differently, opening doors to unique market opportunities for casino and betting managers.
The land-based gambling business is quite limited in India. Only 3 provinces allow casinos: Goa, Daman, and Sikkim.
With a total of 12 establishments available to tourists, it is challenging for locals to enjoy gambling. Luckily, they can access gaming sites that try to recreate the atmosphere of ground facilities with the help of modernised approaches. The Gaminator3 team collected the latest information about it.
Online Casinos in India
Virtual slots and other manifestations of traditional entertainment have quite favourable conditions for progression in the state. Considering a large population of 1.4 billion citizens, there are over 900 million people who can potentially be online casino users (aged from 18 to 64 years old).
So, what are the key peculiarities of the web-based gambling industry in India?
- Almost half a billion residents are solvent enough to enjoy gaming content. The number grows steadily as the overall standard of living in the country improves.
- An increased amount of medium and high earning capabilities also implies decent technological development. 800 million people have an internet connection.
- Keeping in mind insane audience quantities, the success of online casinos is only a matter of preparation and the operator’s resources.
- As of the beginning of 2022, there is no possibility to register a gambling brand on the premises of the state in a local gaming commission.
- The government does not restrict offshore sites that have official licences from acclaimed jurisdictions (Curacao, Alderney, Kahnawake, etc.).
- Following the COVID-19 pandemic, gaming portals have been on the rise since the beginning of 2020. Users’ activity has increased by 30–40% in the first months of lockdown.
- Advertising possibilities are plentiful in the country for gambling activities, with affiliate marketing being the most efficient method for achieving high conversions.
Online Betting in India
Cricket is the most popular sport in the country. Originated in Britain, the activity conquered all colonies but obtained particular recognition in India. As Europeans bet heatedly on football, so Indians do not miss the opportunity to bet on cricket. This is sport number one for punters in the country.
Besides the insane popularity of betting on cricket, what are the key peculiarities of this direction on the premises of the state?
- Other popular sports to wager on are field hockey and football. Indians prefer European leagues and tournaments for bets. Tennis and the local game of kabaddi, also bear strong popularity at bookmakers’ sites.
- As the original gambling law was adopted in 1867, it specified nothing about online betting. So, the legality situation is the same as with casinos — overseas licensing is the only way to enter the market.
- The National Bank tried to restrict transactions that are targeted at gambling companies. The attempt had little influence in a world where e-wallets are not controlled by the state.
Operators can initiate their sports betting activities on the premises of the country while holding the appropriate certification from renowned jurisdictions. It ensures the high reliability of the service and shows clients sufficient protection levels.
To become popular among the target audience it is important to look up to the market leaders and match their functionality:
- The international provider of services has already penetrated all provinces of the country and adapted its portal for local players. Bet365 has a well-deserved reputation, a convenient platform, and a particular emphasis on cultural features.
- Paddy Power. The organisation proposes the most beneficial cricket offer among competitors. The variety of betting possibilities can satisfy the most demanding clients.
- Another pioneer in the Indian betting business offers a wide brand penetration across the country. It is a popular portal for international tournaments with impressive lines and quick payouts.
- The bookmaker focuses mainly on the saturated Asian market. Punters who enjoy traditional sports can find a variety of national tournaments that other platforms do not have.
- Betrally India. The organisation understands the needs of local fans like no one else. Betrally has the largest bonuses on the market and many payment gateways.
Entering the Industry with a New Brand
Even though there are some remarkable representatives, the Indian market is not flooded with supply. Due to a colossal audience, it is challenging to cover the country’s demand. New market participants are expected to join the niche soon to work with local players.
To ensure an efficient market entrance, cooperating with a professional guide company might be beneficial.
Connecting the Gaminator3 system from the namesake aggregator guarantees an embracement of all the necessary local peculiarities. The possibility to move in any direction with the software from renowned suppliers makes the collaboration with the company particularly auspicious.
For further details, get in touch with the aggregator’s support team.