Yesterday saw team India’s victorious emergence over Bangladesh in the historic pink ball test. The day-night game at Eden Gardens ended in an innings plus 46 runs win for Virat Kohli and co. The victory not only secured a 2-0 win for India in the test series, it also created several new records.
- Most uninterrupted test match win as a captain: Double feats for the captain Kohli as the 7th consecutive Indian victory in a test series overtook the previously hold record of 6 back to back wins under the captaincy of MS Dhoni.
- Most test wins by an innings: Not only that, the 31 year old has now broadened his record of most innings wins, broken at the Indore test, which now tallies at 11, compared to Dhoni’s 9.
- Most test wins as a player: In addition to that, the Royal Challengers Bangalore skipper is now ranked fifth in the list of most test wins with 33, surpassing Australian legend Allan Border. However, Kohli still has four positions ahead of him – Clive Lloyd (36), Steve Waugh (41), Ricky Ponting (41) and the current record holder Graeme Smith (53).
- Most test series victory as hosts: Coming to the team, this was the Men in Blue’s 12th test series triumph as hosts, already breaking Australia’s record previously with the South Africa test series back in October.
- Most test innings wins by a team: This was also their fourth win by an innings, the first day against Bangladesh and two wins from the South Africa series, setting a new high.