The inaugural Pro Panja League is set to take place at the Thyagraj Stadium in New Delhi on 29th February 2020.
The best arm wrestlers in India are going to take part in this tournament. Arm Wrestlers from every nook and corner of the country will touchdown in the national capital for the prestigious Pro Panja League.
The registrations for this event is ongoing and can be done here. On spot, registrations for the tournament can be done on 28th February at the venue. The tournament will begin at 4:30 pm and the entry for the event is free.
Ahead of the tournament, official partner Sports India Show reached out to the Gold and Silver medalists from the 2019 Nationals so that our readers have full information about the top Arm Wrestlers competing in the PPL.
For this profile, Sports India Show interviewed Sanjay Deswal, who won a silver medal in 2019 nationals in Bhilai.
1) What’s your name, age and where do you come from?
My Name is Sanjay Deswal, I am 31-years old and I hail from New Delhi.
2) Which weight category do you compete in and which is your competing arm?
I am competing in the 100 kg category and my I usually compete with my right arm.
3) When did you first start arm wrestling?
I started arm wrestling in 2010.
4) When did you decide you wanted to be an arm wrestler?
I started arm wrestling in 2010 and it was in that time itself that I decided to become a professional arm wrestler.
5) How would you describe your approach to arm wrestling?
My approach is very simple. I am training hard and aiming to win the Pro Panja League in the 100kg category.
6) What is your goal in arm wrestling? Is there any arm wrestler that you admire?
I want to win a gold medal in the world championship. I really look up to John Brzenk (current UAL Right-Handed Champion in the Heavyweight Division)
7) If there is one Bollywood character that you most relate to, who would that be and why?
I relate very much to Akshay Kumar. He is one of my favourite actors who promotes health and physical fitness.