The inaugural Pro Panja League is set to take place at the Thyagraj Stadium in New Delhi on 29th February 2020.
The best arm wrestlers in India are going to take part in this tournament. Arm Wrestlers from every nook and corner of the country will touchdown in the national capital for the prestigious Pro Panja League.
The registrations for this event is ongoing and can be done here. On spot, registrations for the tournament can be done on 28th February at the venue. The tournament will begin at 4:30 pm and the entry for the event is free.
Ahead of the tournament, official partner Sports India Show reached out to Parmeet Singh, 80KG silver medalists from the 2019 Nationals so that our readers have full information about the top Arm Wrestlers competing in the PPL.
1) What’s your name, age and where do you come from?
My name is Parmeet Singh. I am 22 years old and I hail from Amritsar, Punjab.
2) Which weight category do you compete in and which is your competing arm?
I compete in the 55kg category. I compete with both my arms (Left and Right).
3) When did you first start arm-wrestling and which was your first arm wrestling tournament? How long have you been competing at the National level?
I started arm wrestling in 2014. I have been a part of three national championships. I secured a silver medal in the 55kg senior men category at the 2019 National Championship held in Bhilai.
4) How would you describe your approach to arm wrestling?
I started arm wrestling as a hobby and I then took it as my life goals. Now I am training extremely hard for this league. I am fully prepared for this league and ready to give my best.
5) What is your goal in arm wrestling? Is there any arm wrestler that you admire?
My goal is to win international Arm Wrestling Championship. I admire John Brzenk.
6) Is there is one Bollywood character that you most relate to or admire and why?
I admire Tiger Shroff because he is physically fit.
Pro Panja League Ranking Tournament takes place at Thyagaraj Stadium New Delhi Feb29th 2020 4:30-7 pm. Be there!