The inaugural Pro Panja League is set to take place at the Thyagraj Stadium in New Delhi on 29th February 2020.
The best arm wrestlers in India are going to take part in this tournament. Arm Wrestlers from every nook and corner of the country will touchdown in the national capital for the prestigious Pro Panja League.
The registrations for this event is ongoing and can be done here. On spot, registrations for the tournament can be done on 28th February at the venue. The tournament will begin at 4:30 pm and the entry for the event is free.
Ahead of the tournament, official partner Sports India Show reached out to K.Lalhriatpuii, 80KG Gold medalists from the 2019 Nationals so that our readers have full information about the top Arm Wrestlers competing in the PPL.
1) What’s your name, age and where do you come from?
My name is K.Lalhriatpuii and I am 28 years old. I hail from Mizoram.
2) Which weight category do you compete in and which is your competing arm?
I compete in 80 above the open weight category. My competing arm is right
3) When did you first start arm-wrestling and which was your first arm wrestling tournament? How long have you been competing at the National level?
I started arm-wrestling in 2013. The State Championship was my first arm wrestling tournament. I have been competing in nationals for 7 years.
4) How would you describe your approach to arm wrestling?
Its a challenging game and I love it. I try my best and practise in the gym for Pro Panja League.
5) What is your goal in arm wrestling? Is there any arm wrestler that you admire?
My goal is to become a world champion in arm wrestling. I admire in Sarah Beckman (former eight-time World Arm Wrestling Champion).
6) Is there is one Bollywood character that you most relate to or admire and why?
Yes, I admire Shahrukh Khan very much. I also relate to him because he is hardworking and maintain physical fitness.
Pro Panja League Ranking Tournament takes place at Thyagaraj Stadium New Delhi Feb29th 2020 4:30-7 pm. Be there!