All majorly affected countries due to the novel Coronavirus pandemic are undergoing lock downs, and citizens, celebrities and sportspersons alike- have been advised to maintain social distancing and self-isolation. However, Kyle Walker had other plans. The Manchester City superstar had organised a ‘sex party’, inviting over a sex worker and a model, along with his buddy in his apartment, which has him earning the wrath of fans and the club alike, and is also on the verge of a huge compensation for breaking the health guidelines as UK faces a complete lock down.
Kyle Walker, along with his friend in his apartment in Hale, Cheshire, invited Louise McNamara, a 21 year old escort, and another unnamed 24 year old Brazilian model for a three hour long ‘sex party’ last Tuesday, as it was revealed by McNamara herself, who also revealed some photos from Walker’s apartment.
Following the publication of the incident in British tabloid The Sun, an official statement came from Manchester City on Walker’s violation of the pandemic rules.
“Manchester City are aware of a story in a tabloid newspaper regarding the private life of Kyle Walker in relation to a breach of the UK lock down and social distancing rules.” a spokesperson of the club said.
As doctors, nurses and healthcare officials are battling out the deadly virus outbreak, Walker, being a poster boy of the Premier League elites, his irresponsible conduct has made the club disheartened.
The spokesperson added: “We are disappointed to hear the allegations, note Kyle’s swift statement and apology, and will be conducting an internal disciplinary procedure,” hinting that the England international will face a fine.
However, the right back has come up with an apology for his behaviour, as he denounced his own behaviour in a statement last night.
“I want to take this opportunity to issue a public apology for the choices I made last week which have resulted in a story today (Sunday) about my private life in a tabloid newspaper,” the 29 year old said.
“I understand that my position as a professional footballer brings the responsibility of being a role model. As such, I want to apologise to my family, friends, football club, supporters and the public for letting them down,” Walker added.
The player, who himself breached the lock down guidelines, had earlier made a tweet, urging his followers to remain indoors and follow the self-isolation procedure.
— Kyle Walker (@kylewalker2) March 24, 2020
Walker also added on this: “My actions in this matter are in direct contrast to what I should have been doing regarding the lockdown. And I want to re-iterate the message: Stay home, stay safe.”
Over 47,000 positive cases have been confirmed in the UK till date, with 4,932 deaths.