The novel Coronavirus pandemic not only took a jab at all sports activities around the world, many sportspersons and athletes were also infected from the virus. One of the earliest confirmed patients of COVID-19 was Juventus FC Talisman Paulo Dybala, who tested positive on 22nd March. However, after quarantine and medical aid for more than a month, the superstar footballer is now completely healed!
Dybala himself confirmed the news on social media. The 26 year old took to Twitter yesterday, revealing about his recovery. He also thanked his fans for the constant support, and payed his sympathies towards the millions of people who are still affected.
“Many people talked in the past weeks … but I can finally confirm that I am healed. Thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all who are still suffering from it. Take care! ♥️“ the attacking midfielder tweeted.
Many people talked in the past weeks … but I can finally confirm that I am healed. Thank you once again for your support and my thoughts on all who are still suffering from it. Take care! ♥️
— Paulo Dybala (@PauDybala_JR) May 6, 2020Advertisement
The Argentine international also posted a photo on Instagram, with his arms wide open, with the caption: “My face says it all, i’m finaly cured from Covid-19 💪🏽♥️😆“ written in English, Spanish and Italian.
Dybala’s fans were reliever to see their idol’s complete recovery from the virus crisis, as they congratulated the player in the comments.
Juventus also confirmed the same in an official statement, revealing that his ‘double check’ test reported negative.
“Dybala performed, as per protocol, a double check with diagnostic tests (swabs) for Coronavirus-Covid 19, which came back with negative results. The player has, therefore, recovered and will no longer be subjected to the home isolation regime,” the club’s statement read.
Dybala’s Bianconeri teammates, Daniele Rugani and Blaise Matuidi, who had also tested positive, both had already recovered back in April.
Italy, one of the worst hit countries in the COVID-19 crisis, has over 214,000 confirmed positive cases, and the third highest death toll in the world at 29,684.
However, four clubs, Sassuolo, SPAL, Bolognaand Parma, were recently allowed by the Italian Govt to resume their training from 4th May.
Although, Serie A is unlikely to be back in action anytime soon. Vincenzo Spadafora, the country’s Minister for Sport recently said it’s still ‘impossible to give a date’ of the possible resumption of the Italian top flight football.