Serie A giants Inter Milan have been spurned out of their pursuit of Romelu Lukaku as Manchester United have jettisoned their bid of £54 million for the Belgian forward, as they have valued their starman at £75 million.
With an already failed deal previously, the Nerazzuri are now out of luck in bringing the 26-year old to San Siro, even after the player was speculated to have agreed personal terms with the Italian side, along with praise for the club boss Antonio Conte.
“It’s good to see Conte has joined Inter. For me he is the best manager in the world,” the forward said back in June.
Inter suffered a 1-0 loss against the Red Devils on Sunday in the International Champions Cup fixture, the Italian gaffer addressed the situation beforehand.
“I think frustrated is a big word. He is a United player. That is the reality.” the 49 year old told BBC Sport.
“For this reason, I think that it’s right (we) don’t talk about Lukaku because I have great respect for United.”
“As I said before, for sure, I like this player and I consider him an important player for us to have a good improvement. But, at the same time, there is a market, a transfer market.”
Sky Sports reporter Kaveh Solhekol added on the subject on his Twitter handle, addressing that Inter is out of budget in trying to land the Belgian international.
Manchester United have rejected £54m bid from Inter Milan for Romelu Lukaku. Time for Inter to move on. They’re trying to buy something they can’t afford
— Kaveh Solhekol (@SkyKaveh) July 20, 2019