There has been a lot of reports of the fight between Manny Pacquiao and Lucas Matthysse, scheduled for July 14th in Malaysia, not taking place as there are some financial issues plaguing that event. However, Former eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao says his fight against WBA ‘regular’ welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse WILL be happening as planned for July 15.
Golden Boy Promotions and Matthysse had been waiting on some money due to them the past few weeks.
Although Golden Boy President Oscar De La Hoya and Pacquiao are confident of the fight taking place, Pacquiao’s former promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank isn’t certain that the fight will take place because of missed deadlines for the money needed to make it happen.
“The fight will proceed as scheduled,” Pacquiao said to The Philippine Star. “I am training hard for the fight and I never allow any distraction to destroy my focus.”
“I might be there for about ten days, I want to go out there and help Manny promote and do my rounds in Malaysia. I have my plane tickets already. So we’re set to go, we have a fight,” De La Hoya said to Boxingscene.